St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Society is dynamic group in the Catholic Church established to bring together mostly women to be actively involved in the church’s activities and also in works of charity. The Society is predominantly a woman’s group with few men whose services are indeed indispensable. The idea of the founding members among other things, was to ensure that all hands were put on deck for the growth of the Mother Church.
The society seeks to imitate the ideals of Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus, who lived a simple, humble and loving life. Members of the society seek personal sanctification and the promotion of spiritual activities at all level.
Motto: Service to God and Mankind
Aims and Objectives:
- The basic aim of the Soceity is to bring together all Ghanaian Catholic women
- To obtain and maintain personal sanctification and advancement on spiritual life by following the footsteps of St. Theresa of the Child Jesus in her little ways of spiritual childhood
- To promote vocation and to aid in the sponsoring and miantenance of Seminarians and Aspirants
- To pray for vocations and for missionaries
- To assist Parish Priests, Religious and the entire Roman Catholic Church wherever, whenever and however possible for the greater glory of God
- To assit the poor and the needy